Monday 14 July 2014

1984

Rather a long gap since my last post, had bit of a rough time emotionally, physically I have never felt better, but my thought process leaves a lot to be desired and at times makes life very difficult, a lot of my thinking is not about the cancer, but more about problems in my life that flare up now and again, and being ill has brought some of them back into the open, so a little hard going. I am positive and will sort my head out, I have been reading a book, 'Stop thinking and start living', while it is a very simplistic approach and a lot of the advice is not very practical, every now and again there is something that opens your eyes, and it has made me very aware of how our thoughts disrupt our daily lives, and I do consciously try to change where my thoughts are taking me, so it certainly is not doing me any harm.


 
Aimy outside the Playhouse
 
Went to see 1984 at the Playhouse Theatre in London, was a little disappointed, generally it was pretty good, but I don't think it did real justice to the book, which would probably be very hard to achieve. While in London we went to Highgate cemetery, I have wanted to go there for years, the West cemetery is by guided tour only, I am not generally a fan of guided tours as I like to walk around at my own pace, and the guide did have quite a quick pace, but she did come up with some interesting facts and anecdotes, I would love to visit in the winter on a misty November morning, I will have to some research about single person non guided tours, if you no what I mean.
 
 
 
Highgate West cemetery
 
On the way back to central London we stopped at The Aces and Eights bar in Tufnell Park, interesting place and some interesting decoration to the walls, the girl behind the bar was literally covered in Tattoos, and with her dark skin the colours were quite muted, so she looked fab.
 
 
 
Aces and Eights
 
 
 




 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment