Monday 14 July 2014

Spike Island

My sleeping pattern has been awful recently, I have never been the best of sleepers. This past week alone I have had two nights where I haven't slept at all, I just don't seem to get tired despite all the exercise I am doing, it doesn't help of course talking or skyping people in the middle of the night.
One day last week instead of sleeping I went out at 4am to go and photograph the sun rise over Fiddlers Ferry power station, ok so it doesn't sound very romantic, but from Spike Island near Widnes the view is rather good, and as the tide was way out the estuary was covered in rivers of water in and out of the sandbanks, add the rotting boats in the foreground and it was all very photogenic. Was a gorgeous morning and I was so pleased to go out, as this is the sort of thing I used to do a lot of.

 
 

 
Fiddlers Ferry power station
 
It still sends a shiver down my spine how I spent two months in my hospital bed with a view of the power station, thinking I would never be able cycle past it again, funny sort of attachment, each to their  own! :-)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment